Sunday, October 30, 2011

Learning to Live Again

Hello All!

Well as I have said I've been working on something new lately. I know I told you all it was a Harry Potter Fic pairing Hermione and Draco together, and I have been working at it. However, something new popped into my head that demanded to be written.

Yes, Jasper is a demanding one. He has been knudging me for months on this one and finally wouldn't take no for an answer. So I give you "Learning to Live Again".

This is an all human fic that finds a traumatized Jasper returning from being wounded in Iraq only to lose everything that he was holding on to. Where does he go from here? Can he make his way back or will his memories destroy him.

Here's a glimpse.

***

My dreams were haunted by the faces of my men as they died screaming, begging me to save them, crying out for their mothers or wives. There had been nothing threatening about the day that we were blown to hell; no intel about insurgents so close to the base. It was a leisurely drive through the desert, nothing more than returning to base after a routine low risk recon mission. The roadside bombs had been unexpected.

All three of the cars in our convoy were hit. One minute I'm laughing with Garza and the next my world was fire and screams.

***

Check it out and let me know what you think. A huge thanks to KareBear1965 for giving me a crash course on Army terminology.

Until next time!

James

No comments:

Post a Comment