Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Insecurities - Chapter 31 Teaser

I clutched my mate closer to my chest, needing him to reassure me that everything would be okay, that somehow we would get out of this. I needed his arms around me but one of them was laying six feet away and the other was torn half off. He was missing one of his legs and there was a huge hole where his neck should have been. We were both covered in is venom and he was moaning in pain.

I didn't know what to do. I hadn't been able to save my mate or my sister, and now we were all trapped. I managed to expand my sheild enough to gather my mate's missing limbs. I didn't want our captors to burn them like they did the monster's, but I didn't know how to help him. I screamed in anger and despair as the large one came back and gathered my sister up in his arms, taking her away from me.

I cried into my mate's chest as the other two discussed what to do with us. I needed him to tell me what to do. I was so confused, so scared.

Once again we were approached, but this time it was the female.

No comments:

Post a Comment